Monday, June 8, 2009

Invites Required...

As some of you noticed, my blog was not available for most of last night. I had a knee jerk reaction, and made my blog private in anticipation of possibly taking some actions with the state today. I wanted to be sure that nothing on my blog could be used against me or taken out of context by those who don't know me if they found it (which is easy to do with a simple google search). Then, this morning I learned more about Baby E's fate, and I prayer hard, and decided that I had approached my feeling concerning Baby E's removal from our home wrong through this whole weekend (see previous blog post for more info). I have so much peace about Baby E and his new placement, and about God's plan for Steven and I and our future in foster care. I believe God in preparing us for a new placement, that will hopefully come to us any day (or minute) now. And it will be a child who needs us and whose needs we are able to meet perfectly with the Lord's guidance and help.

That being said, I have reopened my blog to be public again. This is MY story that the Lord is writing through my life, and I want to share it...I do see the need for privacy for our babies we will care for though. So, I have a new plan. I will continue to write my story on this blog, I will continue to be open and vulnerable and live my life for others to see, for better or worse. I will not subject my foster children to this same exposure again though. Baby E has been all over this blog already, and I pray that sharing him with you was a blessing to you and to him, in that he developed a tribe of prayer warriors to cherish him and hold him high in their prayers for a great time to come. His pictures and such were shared with you, and I hope that you oohhhhed and ahhed along with Steven and I over his beauty. This will not occur on my public blog in the future though. I will continue to give my foster babies "blog names" (nicknames) so that I may refer to them, and I will still talk about the lessons we are learning through these children, I will not share their pictures on this blog any more though, at least not frontal portraits that are clear and easily recognized, I am going to give my foster babies more anonymity than that...I am creating a private blog to chronicle these types of things on instead. My new, private, blog is http://fosteringagreaterloveforHIM.blogspot.com This blog will be private, and by invitation only. I have already email invites to those of you whom I knew the email address you would want to use to view this blog with. If you want to be invited to this blog, please either leave a comment on this post with your request, or email me, or facebook message me with the email addy you want me to send the invite to. Please understand that I can only send invites to individuals I know (read: my real life friends, not just blog friends) and a select few others, like Leah W. and Joye M.(and I would give an okay to MckMama if she asked, but I don't kid myself into believing I am important enough that she reads my blog, or would ask)! I am so excited about keeping this new blog, where I can share our foster babies with our family and friends with out having to worry about exploitation and such as that, I know that the people who will follow this blog will be individuals who care for Steven and I and want to pray for these babies, and get a chance to be a part of their amazing stories, even if just through prayer.

So, bring on the comments, messages, and requests for invites! Though we don't have a new baby to share on the new blog yet, I can feel it in my heart, Jesus is taking special care of a sweet little one, preparing them for the journey they will soon make into our lives, so we can bless each other.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are going to be fine If feel it from your writings.. We are all behind you 100 percent and hope you get a new baby soon. Would love to be invited to your new blog if you should feel like incuding us. Love you
BJ & JJ

Lori said...

Good decision to make that private. Sounds like you are back to the land of the living! yay!

sweettea said...

I'd like to be added to your new blog, I don't always read, but when I can, I always like catching up on you guys. I know that God will bless you and Steven for doing his work.

rachelbunch@gmail.com

Sue Farris said...

Please add me to your private blog, Becca: suef@conwaycorp.net

wendy said...

Please add me to your blog. wendy.sheridan@youthhome.org

kelley coca said...

I would love to be added to your private blog. I tried and tried to figure out what happened and joined the blog so I could try to peice it together. My email address is kelandmark@aol.com and that is my blog login. Shannon, the friend of mine whom we talked about earlier, has called to ask about baby E, she is devistated. Please call if you need anything!

Nancy Morton said...

Becca, I am praying for you. If God has called you, He will give you the strength. Write down the lessons that He teaches you along the way.
I didn't get an invitation. Please add me to the blog list. I'll keep up and pray.

joye said...

I'm honored to be one of the "others" :) I'd love to read your new blog!

joyemullis@hotmail.com