Thursday, January 7, 2010

New toy...Christmas exchange

Last weekend, while at Brooke's apartment helping her do some things, Baby L got a hold of my blackberry. I never let him play with my phone, for just this reason, he played with it, while I was unaware, and crawled around with it (screen down) in his hand. He go the screen all scratched up, and messed up the tracker ball on it. The ball still rolls just fine and moves the cursor around perfectly, but it won't let me use the ball to click on things anymore, I have to put the cursor over things, then find the enter button and hit it. VERY ANNOYING! So I stopped at the ATT store yesterday to see if they could fix it. Of, course, they couldn't. The girl told me I could make an insurance claim on it though and ATT would fix it, or replace the blackberry (likely with a refurbished one). This would take a $50 deductible though, grrrrrr. She then noticed on my account I was eligible for an upgrade, and I could get an iPhone for just $99...
Did I need an iPhone though? I just got an ipod for Christmas, it would be dumb to have both, and iPhone are more fragile than blackberries.
I went home and discussed it withe Steven. And pulled out the receipt for my ipod, I had two days left to return it for cash...so that's what I did. I went to Walmart and got back $165 for my ipod, then returned to the ATT store and got an iPhone for me and one for Steven.
We are having a lot of fun with them so far, really neat little gadgets, very different though than our blackberries, or any other phones we have ever had...it'll take a little while to get used to it I'm sure.
I have ordered otter box cases for both of us, these are supposed to make your iPhone practically indestructible. They are super expensive ($50) for a phone cover, but I found them on eBay for around $30, and decided they were worth it to make me not worry about braking the darn things all the time.

No comments: