Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Yea for Brooke!

I have a note of blessing today, my little sister, Brooke, has finally seen the answer to my prayers for her. She has been dealing with feelings left over from our parents divorce, back in 1996, when she was only 8 years old. She has just recently gotten to a point in her life where her feelings about my parents divorce (specifically my dad's infidelity) has been affecting her own relationship. I have been encouraging her to talk with him. He and I have long since resolved things(that is a 'storytime' for another blog). But she and he have practically become estranged over the last 2 monthes in a bit of a standoff as to who needed to initiate this talk, and when Brooke would make time for it. She and I even got into it over the past two weeks because I had gotten myself in the middle, and because I wanted to look out for her and her best interests, I was pushing her into things that she claimed she wasn't ready for. But, that is neither here nor there now. She emailed my dad last night and wrote a very powerful, honest letter to him about all that she has been feeling lately. I was really impressed with her ability to put her thoughts and feelings into words (as you can tell, she fowarded the email to me). So, tonight they are talking on the phone for the first time. And beginning down the road towards healing and getting ready to take the good and leave the bad from all the crap life gives us. So, today I say, "Yea for Brooke!" I love you sis.

No comments: