I feel like deaths are all around me. Over the weekend, one of my best girlfriends from college (and couple friends, my husband and I and her and her hubby have hung out) let me know her father-in-law had passed away. He was only 59 years old. Her husband is a really strong Christian, but I am still worried about him and how he is going to handle this. I hope his faith is strong through such a great loss...please pray for him, I know prayers for peace and acceptance would be appreciated. He just was so close to his dad, and he had been saying that he had been praying for God to heal his dad, and he thought he was going to...I just know he is devistated.
Then, this morning I was looking in the obituaries (which I never do, I was actually looking for the above mentioned man's obit, so I would know where to have a plant sent) and I happened to see that a guys I graduated with (from Parkview in 2002) died over the weekend. It said his full obit would be in todays paper, so maybe it will tell what happened to him...its so wierd having people I know, who are my age, die. He and I weren't close, we were friends though...it just kind of makes me feel sick.
"Time is not what you think. Dying? Not the end of everything. We think it is. But what happens on earth is only the beginning."
-Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet in Heaven
I have so much paper grading to do, and I need to get lesson plans together for next week, and Interim Reports are around the corner, and I need to make another book Quiz for Despereaux, and I need to get together a new book project for my Blue Reading Group, and I proplably need to plan a book project for my grren group (I think they are ready), and I could go on and on...blah, I just want to crash and watch some tube.
2 years ago


2 comments:
Hey - on your to-do list, I think I am going to start my medium group in some baby chapter books too. We can get together on it and make life easier! :-)
I've learned that the older I get the more I recognize the names in the obituaries column. Death is hard at any age, but it's especially tough when someone young dies. I'll be praying for your friend's husband and his family....
Post a Comment