This weekend Steven had several yards to do some spring maintenance on (he runs his own lawn care service on the side), and all of his guys he usually calls on to help him when he is really busy like this were busy themselves. Two of the guys that help him out from time to time are seniors in high school, and they had prom Friday night. But anyways, point is, he was busy working by himself this weekend. This is where I come in. By about 2 pm on Saturday, he was "lonely" working by himself, and wanted some company. I should have seen through this ploy, but I was dupped by how sweet it seemed, "Aww, he is lonely, and he wants his lovely wifey to keep him company." So I said, "of course you can come pick me up and bring me to join you." (Notice he picked me up, instead of asking me to drive myself over, I'm fairly sure this was all part of the plan to trap me over at the customers houses with him, and no escape available). So I get there, and he has a trailer full of mulch he has just picked up that needs to be spread in the 6 huge flower beds. He begins hauling wheel barrow loads full from the trailer, to the beds, dumping them, and before I know it I have a rake in my hand and I am spreading mulch and removing leaves and pruning hedges, and on and on. The only thing I wasn't asked to do was trim the bushes, and that's because with my OCD I have trouble determining a good time to stop and have it all even, so I usually end up slautering things when I have trimmers in my hands. We worked until 8:30 last night, when it was pitch black dark and we absolutely couldn't see to do anymore. We got most of one yard done, another house started (where Steven is reedging two existing flowerbeds for the people, then creating two new ones) then we completed another house that needed gutters done, then the yard edged, mowed and some lawm treatments put out. Then, this morning, we had to go to early church because we needed to get back to work. We had to go get another trailer load full of mulch for the huge house, with the 6 giant flower beds, then go over and continue cleaning those beds out and refilling them with new mulch. We got that completely done, except Steven needs to go get one more scoop of mulch from the nursery tomorrow to put the last little bit in one bed in the back yard. We have then been over to another ladies house, she had purchased several Azalea bushes she needed Steven to plant. I have now begged off, Steven is taking me home, I'm freezing! And he is going back to the house where he is making the two new beds to keep working until dark again.
I did not go to college and get a degree so I could spend my weekends off doing manual labor! My husband must have lost his mind!
2 years ago


1 comment:
That is some hard work!!! yuck!
Post a Comment