Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm Back....

Well, I made it home from Hawaii Sunday morning at about 8:30 am. And I have been trying to get caught up since then. Caught up on laundry, house cleaning, work, and sleep! We had a wonderful trip, it was beautiful and a really great time. I enjoyed getting to hang out with my mom and sister, it was time I know we will always all treasure. We stayed at a fabulous bed and breakfast in the town of Lanaki on Oahu. This is a pic from Lanaki Beach, the beach front just about 5 blocks from our room: There were so many gorgeous things to see in Hawaii, some of the scenery was topography I had never seen close up before! Like the Volcanic rock cliffs and shore lines shown here:

Mom and Brooke looking out near an observation point, and near a natural "blow hole" where the rocks have formed a crevice that is invisible to the eyes, but then water rushes into the rock caves below, a spray of water erupts from the rocks, like a whales blow hole!

Some of the other islands of Hawaii have many more waterfalls, and they are more spectacular according to mom, this is the only one on Oahu. Wiamea Falls was very beautiful, though it took a little hike to get to them, it was worth it for the view.

Last shot for today, a view from my beach chair, looking over my sandy feet, outing across the Pacific Ocean. It was paradise!

The only good thing about Steven not going on this trip, and me missing him for 7 days straight, is that getting to come home to him took the sting out of having to come home at all!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Pretty pics! Made me what to hop on a plane.