Any who, we had the dinner as a sort of celebration for all of the exciting and wonderful things happening in Lori and Kevin (her fiances') lives right now. Kevin just got home on Sunday from being away for six months in a rehab of sorts. This particular program was very unique, and such a blessing in both of their lives. Its called John 3:16 Ministries, its in Batesville, AR, and its a
It was so interesting and inspirational to talk to Kevin, and listen to him share how God has made extreme changes, in each and every facet of his life. We got to ask questions about his experiences, and things he learned. He told us what a typical day was like at John 3:16 and such. He made such a strong, and meaningful statement though in his sharing, that I had to blog about it, to get it out there for others to see, and also, so I would have a record of this for myself to look back on, its a lesson I know I need to be reminded of often. Kevin was raised in a Christian home, and knew what good, Christians morals and values were and what they looked like. He also knew he needed a Savior in Jesus Christ (and I think that at some points in his life did try to live for Him), but his most profound statement was this:
I knew I needed a Savior for my life; I have learned I also need a Lord over my life.
That's pretty deep stuff. When I think about all I do to try to live my life for God, and then I think of how often and extreme I know I fall short of what He has intended for my life, I think reminding myself of my need for a LORD will guide me is crucial. God is supposed to be Lord (meaning in this instance, very literally boss or leader) over my life, and even when I say I am trying to live for Him, I know I too often forget or neglect to ASK HIM what it is He desires for me. Just knowing and trusting His plan and leadership over all of my life changes me from just being a "saved" Christian, to becoming a fully devoted servant and follower of God. Which is what I desire my life to be.
Thanks Kevin, for your insight, your heart, and your willingness to be vulnerable and so openly share your experiences with others.


1 comment:
Wow - thanks for the kind words & encouragement!
Post a Comment