Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bring on the Sunshine!

It has been gorgeous outside the last few days. Bright sunshine, and wonderful weather. A cool 75 with breezes, perfect! So I stopped by the nursery yesterday on the way home to get a few new things for the house. I bought a fern, I love ferns. We have a column on the side of our stoop that I have hung a hook from, and it was just begging for a big, beautiful piece of greenery!

I also saw these really cool marigolds. I've never seen ones like these before, they look like big puffs. I think it looks like my flower bed has pom poms.
Hopefully these 'pom poms' can 'cheer' my Japanese Maple along this year. Its grown a lot over the winter, and I'm really hoping the bugs don't get to it this year. I bought a new chemical to try on it to try and protect it. I love my maple, and I want it to look this pretty all summer.





On an non-flower related note, tomorrow is the big day...the social worker who has been assigned to complete our home study will be coming over to meet with us and begin our interview (study)!!! Yippee! I'm so happy to have this next step started. I would appreciate any and all prayers for Steven and I as we continue through this process into becoming foster parents.

No comments: