Monday, April 26, 2010

I almost forgot!

I almost forgot to share some fun news!

I received a respite care request a couple of weeks ago by email, I responded that we could do it, but never heard anything, so I assumed someone else responded before me. Then I got a question from the foster mom a few days ago asking if I had boys in my neighborhood the young man in question could play with if he came to my house. I answered the questions, and asked if we were still being considered to do the respite care for this coming weekend. I got no reply.
So, today, during my planning time, I was going through emails, and saw these exchanges again, and decided to go ahead and give the foster mom a call so I could get some answers.
The news is that we are going to have an 11 year old boy coming to stay with us this coming weekend and a weekend in May as well.
I am super excited. He will be the first child we have had in this age range, and I think it will be fun. I really love respite care...its so fun to spoil the kids and love on them for a while, with out having to figure out the permanent changes for our family yet.

No comments: