Baby L woke up at 3 am this morning fussing and not happy, so Steven and I decided right then that he didn't need to go back to daycare yet, then we had a round of Rock, Paper, Scissors to decide who would stay him with him this time...just kidding, Steven said he would so I could get back to my students...because, you know, he's a great husband like that!
So Daddy and Baby L had a sick day today together. I think they both enjoyed the one on one time. And both took a morning nap. But, while L took his afternoon nap, Daddy scored himself some points by unloading and reloading the dishwasher, and putting away two loads of laundry. I'm not quite sure what his angle is on this yet...I am sure he is wanting something...but if he continues helping out around the house like he has been, he is well on the way to earning whatever it is! :)
------------------------------------------
On a different note: Baby E, our first foster son, who now lives with our dear friends the Erwin's (aka "The Middle Mom"--google her) had his TPR hearing scheduled for today. I have been praying so hard for the courts to do the right thing in this case...what that is is not for me to decide, but I know the Lord has a great plan for sweet little E's life, and I have such a great fear that if he returns to his mother, it would be the last chance the courts had to save him, that the next time he is brought in to the ER by his mom, he will be dead. I know that is horrible to say, and to even think about, but it is really what I am fearful of for him.
Anywho, the courts decided not to let the hearing today be TPR, instead they gave a continuance, and said the TPR would be in July. I know to many that sounds like a loss for our (the foster parents) side, but trust me, as a foster parent: hearing that things are just going to continue as they are, and that your sweet baby is not leaving, at least not yet, is always a win!
2 years ago


1 comment:
Amen. sometimes that is the BEST we can hope for!!!
Post a Comment