Sunday, August 16, 2009

Contentment

Gosh...I didn't mean to let so many days go by without posting. Sorry about that, its not for a lack of getting on to blogger enough, I get on several times a day to read and such, I just haven't felt like I've had much to say. Life is cruising along peacefully and I've just been content. No real highs or lows stick out that I've felt were blog-worthy material waranted sharing.

Let me see...hmm...oh yes, an update on my step-sister. Lauren did get forced into rehab last week by my mother with threats of taking legal action over items stolen from my parents home by Lauren while she was strung out. She went into a 7 day detox at Bridgeway, then was supposed to be in day treatment for 3 months, M-F, 8-5. This wasn't quite what we wanted, we hoped for a full time treatment facility for her to best protect the baby growing inside her from her destructive behaviors, but this was better than nothing. Well, my parents were away on holiday this past week so I heard no new news. Then, while catching up with mom this weekend she has told me that Lauren says she was discharged by the doctor at Bridgeway after only about 24 hours because she wasn't actively using at the time she was admitted. Then, according to her, he put her on a less monitored treatment plan of day tretment just 3 days a week, and told her to make 90 meetings (AA) in 90 days. Needless to say we are none too happy about this. Mom spoke with her and told her she needs to find a residential facility to be treated at. She says she has already paid for and committed to what she is doing for at least the next 3 months. Things were just kind of left at that. As much as we all WANT to believe her and hope she really is committed to this new plan, its hard to put a lot of faith in Lauren's words because she has beening doing this same crap over and over for over 10 years now. I hope for the good of the baby that she ois staying clean, at least for the next 32 weeks, until the baby is born. But I am still of course praying for God's divine protection over this baby, that He act at a filter still in the unbilical cord connecting the baby to Lauren to only let god things flow from mom to fetus, that God prevent this baby from being hurt by Lauren's bad choices.

What else...school is just about here. Kid's return this Wednesday. Teachers are already at work, going to meetings, and working like mad women persons trying to get ready for the students invasion return. I am missing Baby L during the days when I'm away from him, but I am enjoying getting back into a routine. Summer break is a nice time to chill, but a return to structure is always good too...I saw this now at least...we'll see how I'm feeling after I meet my new class Wednesday...:) all joking aside, I'm looking foward to it!

Guess that's it for now!
PS: sorry for mistakes and typos (worse than usual), I have been typing this post on my blackberry, while in the bathtub...yes return to work and routines means a return to multitasking as well!

1 comment:

Leah Wentzel said...

wow, i hope everything works out well for the baby! i had the joy of watching my long lost cousin smoke cigarette after cigarette at a bbq at my grandparents house this weekend. she is 3 months pregnant and I was repulsed.

it is such a shame.