Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Fussy babies suck!...

Oops! Is that a bit too honest? Well, its for sure the truth!

Baby L is usually very happy go lucky, just spoiled rotten...he has been very fussy for the last several days. Not sleep well, and hard to satisfy when he is awake. Steven and I began to suspect an ear infection this weekend when we noticed him tugging at his ear. So early Monday morning I called GPC and made him an appointment for that morning. We got ready and went to ACH at 9 am. We saw a very nice doctor, who looked at L's ear and said they looked clear and healthy...I couldn't decide if this was good news or not: I'm glad he doesn't have an ear infection...but if he did at least we would know why he was so fussy and what to do about it (antibiotics)...Humph!

He did say though that his congestion sounded really thick, and he ordered a deep nasal suction to try and help with that. So as we waited for the respiratory therapist to come get us, I was looking around the room as I cuddled L. I noticed this:

Look closely at the note on the wall between these medical instruments:

I had to laugh at this! I mean, you know they only hang signs and notices like this as a reaction to incidence that have occurred! What kind of parents let their kids play with medical instruments, and computers in a hospital?! Ha, as a foster mom, I'm sure its the kind I will often meet as visits and such. Was that tacky, or just honest? Maybe both!

Any who, the respiratory therapist came and took us to his office and performed a deep nasal suction on L. He hated it! I don't blame him,having that tiny tube jammed down my nasal passage does not sound like a good time to me either.

Then a nurse came to visit us, she drew blood from L. The doctor wants to run a blood allergy test on L. Since we have decided for now that he has a cows milk allergy, and his eczema still looks bad, and he is so congested, he wanted to run some tests and see if we can get some more definitive answers. He said we should have the results in about a week, which works well since we are scheduled to be back at GPC next Monday for our next well baby appointment any way!

For a few cute shots of L at his doctors appt, go here.

1 comment:

Leah Wentzel said...

ha! i read this after leaving my comment on your private blog about ear infections :)

great minds think alike. i too would be happy he didn't have one but confused about what was really wrong!