I want to give a shout out to my dear friend and colleague, Nancy Morton. She was honored last night at the LRSD Crystal Awards for being chosen as teacher of the year from Williams Magnet (our school) by all of us. Then, after receiving her 'Crystal Award', she was named the LRSD Elementary Schools Teacher of the Year!!! This was a huge honor and all of us in attendance at the banquet began hooting and hollering our excitement and praises for her. I can think of no one who deserves it more! Thank you Nancy for all you do for the kids, and all of us as well!
In other news, I emailed with Teyerra, our social worker with the CALL, who is doing our home study. She is working on finishing up her report. My prayer is for her to finish up and have it all submitted to DCFS by the end of this week. Then it would be a matter of days to no more than two weeks until we would be "open" for


No comments:
Post a Comment