Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Off the Hook

I'm off the hook, and 24 hours earlier than expected! Hallelujah!

If you haven't guessed, the "hook" I am referring to is having a teenager in my home...Teen A (since all the foster babies have been known online as "Baby" followed by their first initial, it seemed fitting that a teenager would be known as "teen _")was here from Friday afternoon, until about 4 pm today.

Honestly, Teen A didn't leave a moment too soon!
I can say, with out a shadow of a doubt, that we ARE NOT READY for teenagers! Babies, toddlers, preschoolers, yes, bring it on, teenagers, NO THANKS!

That's not to say that one day we won't want to foster teens, just not right now. Though I would take another teen in for respite care, like A was. I do not have any regrets about having her, I'm just glad its over, that's all I'm saying!

We had a nice time with Teen A though. Friday night I made Mexican Chicken and she and I went to Kroger and stocked up on food for the week, and rented a video to watch. Then Saturday she went to her bio mom's for a day long unsupervised visit (A is very close--within in a couple of months--of reunification). Saturday night we made tacos and watched another movie. Sunday morning we went to church (an affair that takes all morning--8:30am until around 12:45pm), then all napped and rested that afternoon, then A went with L to church for 'babysitting' while we went to Small Group. Monday, I took A to a visit with her siblings and mom at the DHS office in the morning, then we went to lunch and then to Lane Bryant. I needed some new bras, and I also bought a new bra and a blouse for A, after having her measured and fitted, so she could get a nice, well fitted bra (a important thing for a woman, especially a big busted woman). Then in was on to court. She sat in the lobby with me until mom got off work and came and got her for me, since I could tell court was going to take a while. Then after court we ALL (my whole immediate family) went to eat to celebrate the TPR. Tuesday A and I went to an early lunch, then to have manicures and pedicures. Wednesday, we went out to lunch once more, then shopping/errand running before we came home to meet her foster mom, who was back in town, and ready to retrieve her.
Like I said, we did some fun stuff, and I have no regrets, I'm just not ready to have a teen living in my home full time!

1 comment:

rxlisa said...

I remember when I had 2 teens...only no one came and picked them up after a few days