Adoptable...that is now Baby L's status in dhs custody. He is without a parent to claim rights to him, and is available to become a part of a new forever family.
What an answer to prayers...I asked and trusted the Lord to do what was best for L, I believe God has answered my prayers.
I am happy, trust me, this IS how I wanted this to go, I did want a TPR for L.
But, I have to say, that watching a mom, who I do think loves her child (as much as she is able to), have thier parental rights taken away, that is a heart wrenching thing. Everything about DCFS feels so unnatural, and just plainly uncomfortable. I know (believe me, I know) DCFS is around for a reason, and they are needed, but any person or family who is to the point of having the state interviene into their family is just sad. It's all very sad, and heartbreaking. These broken children, born to broken parents, dependent on the state to decide their fait...
This is deffinatly an arena of life I know and understand why most people choose to ignore, it's much easier to forget about all the brokenness, even that that is all around us. But I thank God for calling Steven and I to serve Him by interjecting our lives into this sad system. I DO feel like I'm making a difference in the lives of the kids I'm getting to know and love, and I am grateful for the regular reminders of just HOW much I have to be thankful for. And I thank God for bringing me into the midst of this brokenness, so that I would remember to fall to my knees each and everyday and give my burdens to Him.
2 years ago


3 comments:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am rejoicing with you on the TPR...for your sake and L's. And, I also understand how burdened your heart feels for his mom. Just think if there had been someone like your family, when she was little, like L, maybe things would be different for her now, and that is heartbreaking. I hope, and pray for him, as I do for my own 2, that the cycle can be broken now. That they will know love, and self worth beyond measure. And I will pray for his mom as she grieves. It is all so sad, and it makes you feel guilty for being happy in a way... for you to gain a son, someone else has to lose one...and I can hear your love and compassion for her pour out in your words.
Becca - you have so much love to give. Baby L will blossom in your household! I am so happy for all of you...and yet, sad for his biological mom that she will miss out on raising such a sweetie. God bless you and Steven for fostering!
I am so freaking excited for him (and you guys)!!!
I also am sad for mom. you know what I mean.
Post a Comment