We spent lots of time together as a family, and even got some extra time with our good friends, Micah and Ellen who we haven't gotten to see much of over the last few months, so that was extra nice.
We all met for dinner Friday night and got caught up on each other lives. Then I shared our plans to go to the Pumpkin Patch on Saturday, and invited them along.
Steven got up with L and let me sleep in until 8:30 on Saturday (Gross! Whose life is this that 8:30 is sleeping in?...) which I really appreciated! We then lazed around the house for a few hours, playing, eating, and Baby L and I took a nap as well. Then around noon we got ready and went with the Edmond's (Micah and Ellen) to Conway to eat at a place I've been wanting to try. The food was good,and the company and conversation was excellent! Then we headed to Mayflower and out to the pumpkin patch, which is apparently where everybody and their mama' went as well! It was crowded!!! But we still managed to procure a wagon, and proceeded to visit the animals, look around an bit, then down to the business of picking out pumpkins! I bought 16 pumpkins, 4 large and medium ones for the front of the house, 12 small ones for display in my house. I love pumpkins! I love how they look, how they taste, how they smell...and that they indicate my favorite season, fall!
Then we spent that evening with the Edmond's as well, cooking out and visiting at their house. Baby L even went to bed at their house (because he such a good, easy baby! I love me a flexible kiddo!) and slept quietly so mom and dad could visit with the grown ups and feel like normal people with social lives again, even if just for a couple of nights!
Sunday was of course a morning full of worship, fellowship, and teaching toddlers about God's love at our fabulous church Summit.
Then Sunday afternoon we met all of my family out at the farm owned by the lady who did my wedding pictures (Gloria Townsend), and she did family portraits for us. I think they are going to turn out really good. The weather was beautiful, the scenery was great, everyone was in a great mood, and Baby L even smiled when we wanted him too (well, he did some, we also got a lot of serious face from him as well).
Can't wait to see how those turn out, and share they with you all as well!
To see more of this, with the handsome-little-man's face shown, go here.
Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. ~C.S. Lewis
Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. ~Jane Howard


No comments:
Post a Comment