What a great, busy, blessed, and amazing year it has been! I am so glad I decided to follow in my coworkers footsteps to keep a
This blog, and the story of my life it is chronicling, is such a testament to the love and grace of God my Father! I hope that with all of my life, including the parts I portray and share on this blog, I am honoring Him. He is my Savior, my King, and the Lord of my life. I can't imagine where my life would be all together if it weren't for God's hand and plan in creating and molding me into the person He desires me to be, but especially with all the changes Steven and I have encountered, sought out, and embraced in out lives this past year. When I first began blogging, being foster parents was something Steven and I had only discussed in passing, and not within the several years leading up to last fall. We actually had a tentative plan to begin trying to get pregnant ourselves this past summer, which we were discussing and anticipating at this point in our lives a year ago today.
But God, in His infinite wisdom, humor, and grace intervened; He made it clear that He had other plans for our lives. I don't know still what His ultimate plan is for Steven and I and the growth of our family. However, I can say,in complete honesty, I am okay with that. I trust my God to take care of us, lead us, and show us along the way what He intends for Steven and I to do with and for these amazing children we are getting the opportunity to serve. I believe we will adopt, likely multiple times, we may also at some point have a child of our own genetics, but whatever God has in store, I am so glad we have chosen to submit our lives to His will. I mean, who better than the God of the universe to make these decisions for us?


3 comments:
Well said ma'am!
this made me smile :)
Well, I will speak as a momma that has experienced giving birth, and also being a foster parent...and they are both amazing. I can honestly say that I love all my children just as much. I have felt an overwhelming love for my foster children, just as I have for my own kids.
I think it is awesome you are fostering, I can tell how much you love that little guy! You are doing a great job!
Post a Comment