Its bible study night again! I am so excited, we are meeting at Teri Morton's house tonight. Last week we met at Amy Hughen's. Nancy (our leader) has so much great information and wisdom to share, her knowledge of the bible is overwhelming. She is a truly great teacher, and a wonderful and endearing person. This bible study is such a blessing in my life. It has reminded me how important it is to trust in the Lord to fulfill ALL of our needs, he knows the needs and desires of our hearts better than we know them ourselves. This bible study and time of fellowship with colleagues and believing friends is something I was desperate for in my life, it was a hole in my spirit that wasn't being filled, and I didn't even realize until I began getting it filled.
On an unrelated note, I have to say, my students have some nerve! This is how one of my kids left her desk after school today:
I have a praise as well, I am so thankful for the attitude I have concerning my new student who begins on next Tuesday. Usually getting kids in the middle of the year suck, and we all dread it, but for some reason I am really excited to meet this young man and help him get settled in. I'm not worrying about having to "train" a new one at this late point in the year. I know my positive attitude is going to make this transition into my room easier for me, and for the new student.
Next Monday, the 19th, is our first meeting with the CALL (in Central Arkansas), the foster care group we are seeking our certification though. I can't wait to begin learning more! I will definitely be posting progress with that as it comes!!!
"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."
-William Arthur Ward


No comments:
Post a Comment