Today was the first day back to school after the Christmas break. It was actually a lot smoother than I anticipated, the kids are usually nuts on a day we get back, but they were really well behaved today. I lost one kids today, not literally, but one of my students moved to a new school. I am sad to see him go, but, with only 15 kids left in my room right now, what teacher wouldn't be doing the happy dance? I can actually work with them one on one when needed, and crowd control has never been easier.
I worked on my ESL project for about an hour this evening. I began work on my profile of the student I am concentrating my project around. So, resolution #3, off to a good start. And resolution #1, began with a bang yesterday with a great Church service to start off the year. The message was about getting out there and doing whatever it is that God has called you to do to serve HIM with your life. Steven and I both just felt like the message was speaking directly to us. It was so energizing in respect to this foster parenting venture we are about to embark on.
Also, concerning the foster parenting. I visited with an aunt for several hours one night not too long ago. And we discussed the foster parenting on end...she and my uncle are also pursuing this right now. We were talking about the different ways we feel God calling us to this purpose in our lives and the things we are praying for in regards to it. She shared with me some of what she had learned at her church about "Active Prayer" which is when you fully trust in God to deliver to you what he sees fit, and in an act of obedience and faith you begin preparing your life for his blessings and work, even before the prayers have come to fruition. Basically, I took this and decided I was ready to prepare a nursery in my house for the foster babies we are going to be blessed with and serving. So, I no longer have a guest room and office, I now have a guestroom/office and a nursery/children's room. It turned out so cute, and just makes me that much more anxious to begin this new endeavor. I promise to take pics and post them soon!
I have bible study tomorrow night and I can't wait!
2 years ago


1 comment:
I want to see pics. of the new room! How fun!
Post a Comment