Monday, January 19, 2009

The CALL


So tonight is our first meeting with The CALL. This is the group that we are working to get our foster care certification through. I am out of school today for the holiday. And I had a vet appointment this morning at 10. That's always fun, taking my dogs to the place they are horrified of....I have to drag them in, and they fuss and whine the whole time. What a good time! Then I had a girlfriend from high school come over to have lunch with me and catch up. We had a really good time. She is one of those great friends that I don't get to see as much as I want to, but anytime we are together, things just go back to usual between us. We are both busy, so there is no awkwardness because its been too long, we just enjoy each other and catch up.

And now I am about to start getting ready for my meeting. I'm going to go take a bath so I can read for a few minutes first, I am reading The Shack, on Lori's recommendation, and it is phenomenal! I am learning so much, and just enjoying a great story.


1 comment:

Lori said...

Hey girl - you just showed up as updated in my blogline! Glad you are lovin' The Shack and thanks for sharing about your meeting today. You have a lot of love to give a child, and I will keep praying for you in this journey!