We had an in-home visit this evening from our adoption specialist. I'm very frustrated with her overall, she is hard to get a hold of, difficult to get information from, and not very professional (forgetting appointments, repeatedly asking the same questions, etc...). But, tonight was a good night, and I was happy with her once it was all done, even though she did try to get out of coming, but I wouldn't let her :)
She came out to get our signatures on all of the subsidy agreements concerning Baby L's adoption. We needed to sign them so they could be sent to the lawyers, so they could continuing getting things ready for our finalization, set for August 31.
The forms she had for us to sign had Baby L's new name all printed on them, and looking so official, it was so cool to see his new name, on an actual document. Made my stomach flutter with excitement.
We actually are not changing L's first name. Its what we know him as, and what he is used to. Its not a name I would have ever picked out, but its also one i don't mind, its really grown on me, and its just who he is, so its staying. We have chosen a new middle name for him though, a biblical, Hebrew, name, and obviously, he will be getting our last name.
Only 19 more days until we are supposed to become a forever family!
2 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment