On this day, five years ago, Steven and I exchanged vows, and began our lives together.
We have 'had and held';
we have had some 'better' times (really some awesome times)
and some 'worse';
we have yet to be 'rich' but we have built a comfortable life together,
we may soon learn to be 'poorer' together, when we start paying for Baby L's daycare!
We have thankfully not had any SERIOUS 'sickness', but we have cared for one another through minor illnesses,
and we have learned to be grateful for our health, and to use this gift of life to try an make a difference for the Kingdom of our Lord with our lives.
We have and do 'love' and 'cherish', and though we have taken one another for granted and failed to always do what God wants us to do for each other, we are each continuing to grow and learn how to meet the others needs and growing in our marriage and our roles as wife and husband.
We hope that we have a lot of life ahead of us, to continue sharing our lives and growing in our love for the Lord and one another, before we get to 'till death do we part'.
************
I love you with my whole heart Steven, you are my husband, my partner, my friend. I am thankful to being sharing life with you, and to get the face the world with you by my side. Thank you for letting God be the author of our lives, and stepping out in faith with me, to enter into this adventure of foster care, to build our family (in a non-traditional way), and to be open to sharing our lives and home with children in need.
2 years ago


2 comments:
I'm so glad your happy in your marriage and I think your dedication to living for God is the basis for all happiness.
happy anniversary! i know he must be an awesome man to be a daddy to a beautiful little boy that he shares no dna with but loves him fiercely.
you guys are making a difference, I am sure God loves seeing you guys build this life!
Post a Comment