Sunday, February 1, 2009

25 Random Things about Me

I'm borrowing a note that I made on Facebook today. I decided this would be a fun one to share on my blog as well. Obviously the "rules" don't apply since were not on facebook, but feel free to use this if you want to!

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose at least 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
1. I have ADD(Attention Deficit Disorder) and have been being treated for it for over 10 years.
2. My husband and I will be having our fourth wedding anniversary this summer, 7/23; but we've been together for ten years this coming fall.
3. Steven and I met on the internet, but before it was 'the thing to do', back when it was still considered wierd, and a bit scary...
4. Steven is the only guy I ever seriously dated, and therefore the only guy I have ever kissed, or done anything else with!
5. My mom is very much by best friend.
6. I love to blog, though I don't keep up with it as much as I would like!
7. I love my work, its a passion and service, not just "job".
8. I love to travel, even though I don't get to nearly as much as I'd like, Cruising is the best way to go!
9. I am newly addicted to 'The Dog Whisperer'. Ceasar Milan is awesome!
10. I am addicted to my 'crackberry'.
11. I am in a bible study with seven other teacher that I work with, and we are all learning so much from one another, these a some of the most amazing women I have even met, and I feel so honored to get to work with and worship God with them.
12. My little sister is moving back to central Arkansas this May after she graduates from ASU, and I can't wait! Its going to be so cool to have a more connected relationship with her now that we are both adults.
13. I love to read, I am always reading something! Typically I read realistic fiction (Grisham, Cook, Francis), but have most recently read the Twilight series and then The Shack, and I LOVED them both!
14. My husband has a tatoo on his arm that incorporates my favorite bible verse into the design (Romans 1:18), or so I thought it was. We were sitting around the house one day and I looked the verse up and realized that the verse I love is actually 1:16...oops! My bad honey!
15. My favorite color is Green.
16. When I set my alarm, I set it so the last number is always either 1, 3, 7 or 9 (ie: 5:37 am).
17. I hate watching live TV, DVR has spoiled me to not having to wait for commercials.
18. One of my dogs is an escape artist. Mandy is constantly digging out of our yard and going to explore the neighborhood. She is very friendly and social, people usually enjoy visiting with her while waiting on us to come pick her up!
19. My dad lives far away these days, but were closer that ever, we talk for about 3 hours over a week on average.
20. Steven and I are in the middle of working to get our certification to be Foster Parents right now. We hope to be opening our home to a child in need by April.
21. We are entering Foster Care because we want to serve God with our lives, and we desire to be His hand and feet and to serve other and share His great love. We adore children and feel this is an area of great need where we could make an impact is His great name.
22. We have NOT yet tried to start our own family, that is unrelated to our desire to enter Foster care. We don't have a plan concerning a family of our own right now, we are just trusting in the Lord to show us where he wants us to serve, and that He will show us if and when He wants us to persue children of our own.
23. I feel closer to God right now than at any other time in my life. I feel like I am just beginning to really serve Him, and really understand what it means to live my life for Him. Gods loveand grace is so great and so deep, and absolutely amazing!
24. My mom is taking my sister and I to Hawaii for Spring Break. I can't wait!
25. This is hard, I honestly can't think of anything else to write! I guess I'm just boring...

1 comment:

Lori said...

That wasn't boring - that was a great list! I had to giggle over the bible verse tattoo mishap! ha!