I feel sick to my stomach. I dropped Baby L off at daycare a little while ago, and I am just sick about his visitation today. I am so worried he is going to feel scared, and abandoned when he is picked up from school by a stranger and them spending time with someone he doesn't know (he surely will not remember bio mom after having not seen her since he was 3 months old, he is 9 months now).
I am just sick about this whole thing. I want to cry. Its so hard for me to relinquish control. I feel helpless to comfort and protect the baby I am being entrusted to do just that for.
Please send some prayers my way, and well as prayers for comfort for Baby L.
*******UPDATE*******
Update at 10:06 am:
I just received an email from L's caseworker, his visit for today is canceled. She (the caseworker) is going to be busy running all over town with bio mom trying to get her re-enrolled in school today, so they won't be at the office to have the visit. She wasn't sure is we would reschedule the visit for another afternoon this week, or just wait until next Monday and try again. I am relieved, and feel like I can breathe again...at least for today. I know this visit is inevitable, but delaying as long as possible feels okay by me at this point!
I still am request prayers for myself to have peace about this visit whenever it occurs, for Lamar that he will be protected, and not confussed by bio mom's visits, and for bio mom, that she be healthy, safe, and happy in her new foster home, and that God give her (and me) peace with whatever His will is for Baby L's life.
2 years ago


3 comments:
I hope he did o.k. today, and that you held up o.k.! I said a prayer for you! I say that dealing with DHS, and the parents is much harder emotionally than actually taking care of the children!
I said a prayer for you and baby L today. Hang in there girl. Hopefully, he did just fine. This will become a routine for him just like everything else. If it is anything like the office that my babies are out of, he got lots of passing around and loving on while he was up there. (we are out of the East office)
Hey friend,
I understand the feeling totally. For L it will be just like going to Sunday School or something for an hour. The birth mom will be just another person that interacts with him (which is kind of sad), but it's true. My heart feels for yours...keep me posted!
lol, wow, i have been there. i am always happy when the visit gets canceled. they take a toll on you, i'll be praying for you and lamar!
Post a Comment