Steven has also been a great in stiller of perspective and support through this. He was quick to remind me that this may or MAY NOT change anything about how the judge rules on L's custody in December. But whether it does or not, L is not likely leaving our home anytime soon. He will be here, even if not permanently, for quite a while most likely. That also, was something I needed to be reminded of, and helped me cope.
Now, we will see how I am doing on Monday, when L is being picked up by a DCFS worker at daycare to go to his first visit with bio-mom in 5= months...I will definitely be in need of more prayers for comfort (and sanity) on Monday afternoon. I will be picking him up from the DCFS office myself at 3:30pm.
***************
Onto more exciting news:
Mom and I have volunteered to help my dear friend Christie, who happens to be the 'keeper' of the Pulaski County Heart Gallery, get pictures made of about 50 kids in Pulaski county who are currently available for adoption. These are not all the kids who are currently searching for a forever family, just the ones who are new to the system, or have been in for so long that their Heart Gallery photo needs to be updated.
Please pray for mom and I as we drive to transport these beautiful children that we will get them to and from the photo session safely and that we will be able to show these kids some love and kindness for the time they are in our care.
Please pray for Christie and all the photographers, coordinators and other volunteers, that they all be blessed by this day, and in turn be blessings to the children they are helping.
But, most of all, please pray for these children. Each of them is a precious, unique


2 comments:
wow, honestly, I am sad to hear she is back. i won't lie, I hate all the chances these people get BUT first and for most - God is Good. He knows the end of this story :)
Will continue to pray! Hugs!
Post a Comment