Yesterday we had our first Bible Study meeting with the new group we have formed of 8 teachers at our school who want to learn about God and worship Him together. It was wonderful! Nancy is leading us, and she is such a neat, lady, and an amazing teacher, I so enjoyed listening to her. We actually began today with a introduction to what Bible Study actually is and what the Bible says about it. The more I listened and heard, the more embarrassed I became, as I realized that though I proclaimed to be a Christian for quite some time, I have not spent nearly enough time in His word, learning, reading, and praying. The more I learned and heard, the more I realized I didn't know. I am so excited for our next meeting in two weeks, we will really dive into the book of Esther at that time, and I can't wait to see more of what God has in store for me to learn with these great women.
On a side note: Steven and I are continuing to pray and seek God's guidance for us as we prepare our hearts and lives to be opened up to a foster child. This is something we feel called very strongly to do. I am struggling though with a feeling of ostracism. Most people we have shared our intentions with have been very supportive and excited for us. But not all. I have really been bothered by this, and I don't know why. I don't usually have problems with concerning myself with others opinions. Though this is new, the people I surround myself with are usually so positive and caring. I was raised with the attitude and mindset that "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all". I guess not all live by this mantra, and its really gotten to me over this particular topic. This is just something I feel so strongly called by God to do. Steven and I know that Gad has called us to serve children with our lives, and we have full intentions of following where ever he leads us in doing so. I just ask for prayers for Steven and I concerning this new venture in our live, and prayer for myself, to be able to "shrug off" any negativity, and not let it affect my dedication to serving children and the Lord in this venture into foster parenting.
2 years ago


1 comment:
I so admire what you guys are doing. There are so many kids out there who need good homes!
Post a Comment